A through Z of Offshoring
ZigZag offers two (2) Offshoring options: Seat Lease – Recommended for clients who want to start with a small team and don’t mind their staff working in an open space environment. This model works well for clients who are new to offshoring/outsourcing and for startup businesses. Rates are based on a per seat fee. Office Lease – This option is for clients who wish to have their own office with a lock & key. This is a premium service above the Seat Lease model and is recommended for businesses who have a team of offshore staff. Rates are done per square meter and occupancy is based on PEZA regulations in the Philippines.
13 Month Pay – Each employee receives a one month bonus each year- this is a Philippine employment law! This payment is usually paid out before the Christmas holiday season and is calculated by total salary earned in the calendar year / 12 = 13 month pay. All clients are billed for this expense.
Birthdays – Offshoring staff receive a paid day off to celebrate their birthday.
When an employee moves from probationary to regular status:
Intellicare – Healthcare is very expensive in The Philippines so we have made it standard to pay for all regular staff (more than 6 months) to receive Intellicare. This is around 1,300P per month for each employee. Please Click here to view current Intellicare plan.
Sick Leave – Regular Employees are entitled to have 1.25 days worth of paid sick leave per month provided that they provide a valid medical certificate that needs to be verified by a supervisor. Use of Sick leave is subject to the approval of the supervisor and the executive director and must be requested in daily increments.
Vacation Leave – Employees are entitled to have 1.25 days worth of leave every month upon regularisation. Probationary employees will not be entitled to vacation benefits but will still earn leave credits every month that will be available for use upon their regularisation.
The Zigzag Offshoring office closes down at the end of each year just before Christmas and then re-opens on or around the 2nd of January. Zigzag understands that some of our clients will need to be open during this time of the year and we will cater to our client’s needs as best as possible during this time.
For a list of Philippine holidays in 2017 click here.
For a list of Australian public holidays click here.
For a list of US public holidays click here.
Our clients have started testing new offshoring positions like Virtual Assistants, Personal Assistants, Engineers, Legal Assistants and high end web developers and there are more ideas in the pipeline. Here is a list of current job types that are outsourced in our office:
- Virtual Assistants
- Personal Assistants
- Web Design and Development
- Content Writing
- Customer Care (voice & chat)
- Data Entry
- Accountants and Bookkeepers
- Graphic Design
- Data Tracking & Analysis
- Debt Collection
- Legal Assistance
- Estimators and AutoCad Designers
ZigZag offers many opportunities for your business to grow and control expenses at the same time. Please contact us if you would like to put more staff in place or know of any other businesses looking to outsource to Manila.
Billing is sent to clients on a monthly basis and consists of wages and a seat lease fee. All invoices are in Philippine Pesos.
The ZigZag shared space has no lock in period.
Wages – Wages for staff are calculated on a monthly renumeration in the billing month.
Seat lease – A fee that is billed for workstation space in the office.
Zigzag encourages clients to plan regular visits to Manila to spend time with their team – this is the key to successful Offshoring!
For a small team, of 5 staff or less, we would advise our clients to visit Manila about once or twice in the calendar year. Time spent with the team in Manila will result in better outcomes for our clients. We have seen great results with clients who have treated their staff offshore as a extension their team in Australia.
To plan your trip to Manila please contact us here .
To get an instant quote emailed click here to get started.
- Skype – The service allows users to communicate with peers by voice using a microphone, video by using a webcam, and instant messaging over the Internet.
- Google Hangouts – Hangouts allows users to hold conversations between two or more users. The service can be accessed online through the Gmail or Google+ websites, or through mobile apps available for Android and iOS (which were distributed as a successor to their existing Google Talk apps).
- Google Drive – Google Drive is Google’s “software as a service” office suite. Documents, spreadsheets, presentations can be created with Google Drive, imported through the web interface, or sent via email. Documents can be saved to a user’s local computer in a variety of formats such as ODF, HTML, PDF, RTF, Text, and Microsoft Office.
Google Calendar – Events are stored online; consequently, the calendar can be viewed from any location that has Internet access.
- Dropbox – Dropbox allows users to create a special folder on each of their computers, which Dropbox then synchronizes so that it appears to be the same folder (with the same contents) regardless of which computer is used to view it. Files placed in this folder also are accessible through a website and mobile phone applications.
- Teamviewer – a proprietary computer software package for remote control, desktop sharing, online meetings, web conferencing and file transfer between computers.
- Xylo – a fast, simple and secure international payments platform for Australian businesses.